Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

New web client - autosave - strange behavior

One customer complains that the new web client shows a strange outcome using autosave.

I have checked autosave in my environment using the new web client. If I create a new mail , I see that this mail will be autosaved to folder work in progress. Every time I change something or if I wait a little bit, this item will be updated. When my item will be sent, this item disappears in work in progress. That's fine.

However at this customer's site I see that each time I change my new started item or if I wait a little bit, a new entry will be created in work in progress. So in a few minutes 5, 6 or even more entries appear in work in progress. If I send this mail, a lot of entries will stay in work in progress.

I have checked that both sites use the same GroupWise version and the same (last) version of web client.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Rimser 

Hi Diethmar,

The issue you report here is a bug in GroupWise Web when "smart purge" is enabled.  I am actively working with development on a fix for this. 

I'll post back here when I have more information.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Yes, Laura, I know.

I'm running a case for this    😉

(I wonder a little bit that nobody else is stumbling over this issue ....)

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.