franz_stechaune Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No Mail-Icon in Status bar with Samsung-Phones

hi,

after we updated our GMS to Version: 14.2.0 Build: 279, we have the problem that there is no Mail-Icon (when you receive a new message) in the Status bar. This happens just with Samsung-Mobile-Phones.

I tried to change the sync-options on my Phone to "every 5min" and "push" but nothing happens. Also i unchecked and checked the option "show notification in status bar" on my phone.
If i send an email to my privat accounts ( imap and pop3 also configured in my default Samsung E-Mail App ) the mail-icon appears. so i think its not a samsung-problem.

The email-count at the email-app-symbol is correct when i get mails. just the icon in the status bar is missing.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: No Mail-Icon in Status bar with Samsung-Phones

Franz stechauner,
> The email-count at the email-app-symbol is correct when i get mails.
> just the icon in the status bar is missing.

FWIW, same here. From a quick googling it seems to be common. Should
have nothing to do with GMS, but rather an Android issue.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have not tried this myself:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/523481-lollipop-no-email-notifications.html

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This may be related to GMS defect 962848, where notifications weren't working properly on Samsung devices.
I would suggest opening a service request, to receive this fixed sync.pyc

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
franz_stechaune Absent Member.
Absent Member.

snielson;2418797 wrote:
This may be related to GMS defect 962848, where notifications weren't working properly on Samsung devices.
I would suggest opening a service request, to receive this fixed sync.pyc

Thx for the Info. Now i replaced the sync.pyc and it works. i tried it on our second gms where my account is located but after i reinitialize my User my mobilephone shows 4 same Inbox Folders. After i deleted the account from my phone and create a new one it works but thats no solution for our Company. I am honest i didnt try to resync my device on the gms (just reinitialize). Maybe this will help? I cant reproduce this because there are no other samsung devices on our second gms.....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.