Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1355 views

No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Hello,

On the GroupWise 2014 client is it possible to not have it prompt to add a signature (ie the option that shows in the mail compose for "click here to add a signature").

I tried creating a new completely blank signature and setting it as the default but it puts the following in instead:

<The HTML signature 'Blank' does not contain any text> :confused:

I could find no option to compose a text only signature (I shy away from HTML email and just use plain text).

Ideally I'd like no signature and no option to "click here to add one" in the composition window.

Is this possible - perhaps some ninja setting/options that I'm just not finding...

Many thanks in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Hi,

As far as I am aware you cannot disable the "Click here to add Signature" in the composing of a new e-mail. At least I am unable to find a way of doing this.

I would recommend putting in an enhancement request to have the option to turn this feature on/off: https://www.novell.com/rms

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

dudeabends wrote:

> Ideally I'd like no signature and no option to "click here to add one"
> in the composition window.


No, you can not disable the "click to add a signature" prompt. But as
long as in tools->options->environment->signature you've got "click to
add" selected then by default no signature will be added.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Hello,

Many thanks for confirming it's not an option ... thought I was just missing it buried in a setting somewhere.

I'll add a feature request as I tend to prefer the client "lean and mean" rather than all the bells and whistles which clutters the interface.

Thanks again,
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

dudeabends wrote:

> I'll add a feature request as I tend to prefer the client "lean and
> mean" rather than all the bells and whistles which clutters the
> interface.


Well one thing to consider is that overall the 2014 interface is much
more streamlined than in previous versions. Fields like from, cc, and
bcc are hidden unless you want them. The attachment pane is hidden
unless you add an attachment. Even for HTML compose, the HTML toolbar
is only displayed once someone clicks into the body of a message.

The only thing that's always there is the notation to click in order to
add a signature. Part of the reason is that since the entire signature
process was revamped in 2014 there needed to be a way for users to know
how to add the signature. There are a couple of use cases not taken
into account, and one of them is those who don't wish to add a
signature. Your enhancement request is a good one to take that into
account. That will make the GW client even leaner and go along with
what was done in 2014 to hide many of the bells & whistles that often
clutter other e-mail clients.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Joseph Marton sounds like they 'said':

> dudeabends wrote:
>
> > I'll add a feature request as I tend to prefer the client "lean and
> > mean" rather than all the bells and whistles which clutters the
> > interface.

>
> Well one thing to consider is that overall the 2014 interface is much
> more streamlined than in previous versions. Fields like from, cc, and
> bcc are hidden unless you want them. The attachment pane is hidden
> unless you add an attachment. Even for HTML compose, the HTML toolbar
> is only displayed once someone clicks into the body of a message.
>
> The only thing that's always there is the notation to click in order
> to add a signature. Part of the reason is that since the entire
> signature process was revamped in 2014 there needed to be a way for
> users to know how to add the signature. There are a couple of use
> cases not taken into account, and one of them is those who don't wish
> to add a signature. Your enhancement request is a good one to take
> that into account. That will make the GW client even leaner and go
> along with what was done in 2014 to hide many of the bells & whistles
> that often clutter other e-mail clients.


So my response to Joseph's comment is...

Hey Joe, one quick thing on the ftf client (build 119889), the feature
to drag an attachment anywhere into the email and attach it seems to be
missing.

Is that going away? Hope not cuz I really like that.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Stevo wrote on 06/02/2015 08:10 PM:
> Hey Joe, one quick thing on the ftf client (build 119889), the feature
> to drag an attachment anywhere into the email and attach it seems to be
> missing.


Works for me (120367).

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Stevo wrote:

> Hey Joe, one quick thing on the ftf client (build 119889), the feature
> to drag an attachment anywhere into the email and attach it seems to
> be missing.


Sounds like the bug with the particular build you have. If you got it
via an SR, just update the SR and ask for a newer build.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No signature option wanted on compose new mail

Joseph Marton sounds like they 'said':

> Sounds like the bug with the particular build you have. If you got it
> via an SR, just update the SR and ask for a newer build.


So my response to Joseph's comment is...

Thanks Joe! #GoCubs

--
Stevo
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.