Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not possible to edit appointments?

Why am I not able to edit appointments I created? I can edit personal but not regular appointments. Is that a bug or "feature"? I can't see why would developers prevent me from, lets say, extending appointment time. Does not make any sense to me.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not possible to edit appointments?

bobodajdaj wrote:

>
> Why am I not able to edit appointments I created? I can edit personal
> but not regular appointments. Is that a bug or "feature"? I can't see
> why would developers prevent me from, lets say, extending appointment
> time. Does not make any sense to me.

You should be able to do this. In fact, this was added in GW2012 and
continues to work in 2014. What happens when you right-click on an
appointment in your calendar? Is the edit option there?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not possible to edit appointments?

Not sure what to say about this because sometime it works. It's been very buggy for us and there appear to be some major flaws with appointments design. For example, many times (not always) when I right click in a shared calendar to create an appointment in monthly view, it will be saved to my main calendar, not the shared one. It always works properly in daily view. Also, If I create a regular appointment in shared calendar and give add, edit, and delete rights to John Smith, he still cannot edit it. However, if John right clicks on it and clicks decline, it deletes the appointment from the calendar for everyone even if John does not have rights to edit or delete it. This is a major flaw because everyone can delete an appointment in shared calendar this way regardless of what kind of rights they have.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.