Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not possible to send mails from iOS device

Hello

Normally, we just sync the calendar and contacts between GroupWise and iOS devices with GW Mobility Service. It's working fine. For a special reason, we also need to sync email to some iOS devices. So I activated the mail checkbox in GSM configuration/GroupWise.

I get the mails (Inbox...) on my iPad now, that's fine. But I can't send new mails from the iPad to any recipient. I press the send button on apple mail app and have no error, but the mail just go to nowhere.

Does it need any more configuration work than just activate the mail checkbox in GSM that I can send new mails from iPad?

Thanks and Regards
Tom
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not possible to send mails from iOS device

Hi Tom,

The first thing I'd suggest you do is check if the mail being sync'd every reaches the GMS server. On your GMS server set your log level to DEBUG. In a terminal window go to the directory /var/log/datasync/connectors/ then enter the command

tail -f mobility-agent.log | grep -i testmail 

From the device send an email with "testmail" as the subject line [that's what we are looking for in the log file]. You should see information start being displayed as the GMS server receives the mail from the device. If you don't see any information in your terminal session then I would say the issue is with the device. If the mobility-agent.log shows the mail reaching the server then we need to troubleshoot your GMS server.

Please let us know how this goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura

It looks like that the mail is comming to the mobility:

Thanks and regards
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tom,

Let's go a bit further... go to the same directory, change the command to look at the groupwise-agent.log and do the same test.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply.

I did the same check, but in the groupwise-agent.log, my testmail did not appear! What could be the problem?

Regards
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tom,

Sent you a private message.... I want to take a look at your log files and will reply here.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.