Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Notify not notify

When i have new mail, notify is without action - notice. Right click / options is set correctly.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Notify not notify

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Does notify work if you login on a different workstation? Knowing the answer to this question will assist us in determining if there is a problem with the workstation in question or the actual user account (database)

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After login on different workstation, notify not working.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If the problem follows from workstation to workstation it indicates a problem with the user database.

Running a stand alone GWCheck as per below may be of assistance:

delsubscriberecords: Use this option when running Analyze/Fix Databases for a post office or a user. If fix problems is not selected, it removes problem subscription records from the users database that have been know to cause problems with alarms. With the fix problems selected, it removes a different type of problem records that cause problems with Notify. It might be helpful to run it both ways.

This information is taken from this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7003294

Perhaps worth a try?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GWCheck running without error, but not help me.
Processing completed
OVERALL STATS FOR THIS RUN
Uncorrectable conditions encountered:
- No problems found
Correctable conditions encountered:
- No problems found
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you have run GWCheck and specified the Misc. options that I mentioned above then we need to check the "Notify" list in the GroupWise client itself. See if the user is listed twice in the "Notify" list.

Also, how many e-mail does the user have in their mailbox?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I apologise for my incomplete post above.

To check the Notification list for the user, in the GroupWise client go to: Tools | Options | Security | Notify

Ensure that the user appears in the list once. Ensure that Subscribe to notification and Subscribe to alarms are selected.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, now is work. In this option: Tools | Options | Security | Notify - select user and notification and Subscribe to alarms uncheck and click OK. Once again, select user and check 2 options, restart groupwise and notify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Awesome - I'm so glad that you got it working 🙂 Thank you for letting us know your solution - much appreciated.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, after a few days notify stopped working on all workstation. The problem is back.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

How many users are affected? Is it just one user who moves between workstations?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, 6 of 40 members in our company.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.