Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nw6.5/Gw8 NSS Problems after VM migration?

Hi,
We successfully (word used loosely!) managed to image our NetWare 6.5, GW8 server this weekend, and have it now running on our ESXi 5.1 VMWare cluster. Happy with that...

But after 2 days, we've had some reports that it's very slow responding, particularly opening attachments.

We have noticed a couple of things...

1. SET TCP MINSHALL ALGORITHM was OFF. I'm near certain this was ON before? I assume this is recommended for GWise, as per https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/15551.html

2. When booting, after I disabled the Novell logo splash screen, I noticed the following errors...

NSS<COMN>-3.27b-740: pssStartup.c[521]
Error getting value of Set Parameter: Client File Caching Enabled

NSS<COMN>-3.27b-741: pssStartup.c[533]
Error getting value of Set Parameter: Level 2 OpLocks Enabled

Do I have an issue here? And are there any recommendations for maintenance tasks to be run after virtualising? Any steps I didn't do perhaps, specifically tuning NSS?

Many thanks,
Alan Thompson
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Nw6.5/Gw8 NSS Problems after VM migration?

Hi Alan,

Do you have the VMWare Tools installed and loaded?

What SP is your NetWare box running? SP8? Do you have all the post-sp patches loaded?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Nw6.5/Gw8 NSS Problems after VM migration?

Hi Alan,

Here's a good article: GroupWise 8 Virtualization Best Practices - CoolSolutionsWiki

Whilst it does not specifically deal with NetWare it does deal with running GroupWise in a virtualized environment and may contain good tips for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.