Absent Member.
Absent Member.

.OCX fails to register during install

I'm trying to depoly Groupwise to Vista and Windows 7 machines via MSI. After running into issues I downloaded 8.0.2hp2 and extracted the installer. Logged in as a user with admin rights (or limited) I run into the error "Error 1904.Module c:\program files\novell\groupwise\gwab1.ocx failed to register" when running the install msi.

I've seen a few threads on this with no real solutions yet. Is it possible to deploy via MSI? I tried ZCM11 with the same error, I tried AD software installations with the same error...

One odd thing I noticed, when logged in as a user that's not an admin, windows asks for admin credientals and then continues to install, but everything is on the root of the C:\ until I run into the error and back out of the install.

Thanks for any input!
Dennis
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ddevore9 wrote:

> I've seen a few threads on this with no real solutions yet. Is it
> possible to deploy via MSI? I tried ZCM11 with the same error, I
> tried AD software installations with the same error...

I've only done limited testing as we haven't moved to ZCM & Win7 in
production yet, but so far the GW8 (various SP levels) client seems to
deploy to Win7. I've tested with both ZCM 10.3 & ZCM 11. I haven't
tested deploying to a non-admin user yet though.

Are you using a custom MST created with GWTuner? That's how I've done
it.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi

as i wrote in the discussion one before, i have exactly the same....

but, my users, which is installing is admin...so it isnt any right-related thing...

I have opened a TSR, but novell isnt help me really......

perhaps dennis, if you open also a ticket, we can force on this issue...:-)

Sascha

>>> Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 15.04.2011 14:09 >>>

ddevore9 wrote:

> I've seen a few threads on this with no real solutions yet. Is it
> possible to deploy via MSI? I tried ZCM11 with the same error, I
> tried AD software installations with the same error...

I've only done limited testing as we haven't moved to ZCM & Win7 in
production yet, but so far the GW8 (various SP levels) client seems to
deploy to Win7. I've tested with both ZCM 10.3 & ZCM 11. I haven't
tested deploying to a non-admin user yet though.

Are you using a custom MST created with GWTuner? That's how I've done
it.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Not sure if you're still having this issue, but I was so I'd thought I'd post for anyone else that's got the same problem.

I was trying to deploy 8 SP2 HP3 (or HP2) silently on Windows 7 64-bit, and was finding that gwab1.ocx failed to register during installation. Turns out that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package wasn't being installed and this was preventing the GroupWise MSI from installing successfully.

If you make sure MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86.exe in the win32 GroupWise install source) is installed first, you'll find that GroupWise will now successfully install silently.

YMMV!

Ant
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the post! This solved a frustrating issue :).

ls
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.