Highlighted
ckazzi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES11 SP1 and Groupwise 2012 upgrade

Hi I'm am testing Groupwise 2012 with OES11 SP1 but can't seem to get the domain and Post office to start.

OES11 worked pre SP1 but.once I updated the server Groupwise doesn't want to start. Any ideas.

Cheers
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OES11 SP1 and Groupwise 2012 upgrade

See this thread: http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-discussions/collaboration/groupwise/groupwise-2012/gw2012-install-setup-admin/454163-delete-uid-run-each-time-when-start-stop-grpwise-daemon.html

Perhaps you are having a similar problem in your environment.

If not, what error messages do you get when trying to start the agents with the --show command, what do the log files say, etc etc.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ckazzi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi thanks for your quick response. That is exactly my problem. When I delete the file GroupWise works. Looks like Novell are looking at fixing the issue.

I will wait for the fix to be released.

ckazzi;2217196 wrote:
Hi I'm am testing Groupwise 2012 with OES11 SP1 but can't seem to get the domain and Post office to start.

OES11 worked pre SP1 but.once I updated the server Groupwise doesn't want to start. Any ideas.

Cheers
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Services they will be able to provide the fix for you.

Glad that you got to the root cause of the problem.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
W_Prindl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Great" work of Novell that a known issue, which is already known for
almost half a year - and seemingly has a fix, too - does not find it's
way into an update for such a long time.

Shall people do each update/patch only via NTS in the future?

But - thanks to these forums - at least I know, why I did not apply
OES11SP1 to my GW2012 servers yet.

--
W. Prindl

laurabuckley wrote:

>
>If you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Services they will
>be able to provide the fix for you.
>
>Glad that you got to the root cause of the problem.
>
>Cheers,

W. Prindl
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is fixed in SP1 - due for release later this month.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

This issue came about from using SLES 11 SP2 and not OES 11 SP1. Servers that have no OES 11 installed have this issue when they applied SLES 11 SP2.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.