Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ONE user cannot login to WEBAccess 2012

We migrated our GroupWise 7.0.4 / Novell 6.5 sp8 to GroupWise 2012 SP1 / Windows 2008R2 with NDS. GroupWise is running on a single server. We still have a Netware 65 sp8 for file service and NDS for All is working well. Currently we have 180 users with about twenty of them using WEBAccess part time. The problem is, one user cannot login WEBAccess. When he logs in, he is returned to the login screen. Everyone else is fine. He can log in through the client even if he uses the “/@u-?” switch so he has to enter his username and password. Bottom line the account and password are correct. The problem is only when HE logs into WEBAccess. I have clear the password several times, relinked the Novell and GroupWise accounts, fixed and analyzed the mail box, structurally built the mail box and ran DSRepair on all eDir partitions. I have not rebuilt the databases because I can’t shut down GroupWise at this time.
Have I missed something??
Thanks for your help,

John
John Kenney

John Kenney The Haven Group
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can he log in if he uses the fully qualified name? Also try to move all his email OUT of his mailbox into a folder in the cabinet...then have him login...could be a corrupt email.

--El

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
Highlighted
New Member.

Is he on a different post office than the one the WA server is using for initial PO communication? Do you have "Class of service" configured?
Look at the web access logs on the WA server in verbose mode to see what the problem might be (for that matter, PO logs too), the logs can
be very revealing. You may also want to take a packet capture to see what the communication between the WA client and the PO looks like -
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thanks for your help. I tried both of your suggestions but, unfortunately they didn't work.
Thanks again,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

We have one post office and everything is running on a single Windows 2008R2 64 bit machine.
Thanks for your help,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jkenney57;2254035 wrote:
We have one post office and everything is running on a single Windows 2008R2 64 bit machine.
Thanks for your help,
John

We've had this happen before.

Odds are, one of the folders (regardless of where) has a funky character or something that the GW SOAP (GW2012 uses 100% SOAP now) that the XML language cannot understand.

USUALLY the way to figure this out is to see if the user can login via the SIMPLE/BASIC interface.

I cannot remember the exact steps to make sure this is the issue, but I vaguely remember you had to enable DEBUG logging for TOMCAT, restart it (which will cause a brief service outage), login, get the logs and change the logging back to normal.

Usually, for us, the "fix" (if we couldn't find the folder) was to do a recreate user database (use this VERY VERY CAUTIOUSLY!!!)

At least until Novell got a fix for us.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.