Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Odd mobility problems with Android phones

First - my environment:  Groupwise 18.2 on OES and GW Mobility 18.2.1 on SLES 15.1. 

Now, I have several users on Mobility - about half and half IOS and Android.  Those on Android are experiencing the following issues that the IOS users do not see:

1. Unable to search mail on the device.  When I am in my inbox for example, if I do a search in the Gmail interface for a keyword I know exists - it returns nothing. 

2. Sometimes, and I stress sometimes, messages are sent that only contain the first couple of words.  For example, my boss does a lot of work from his phone (Android 10 on Google Pixel).  Sometimes I will get an  email from him that has only one or two words.  It looks like he clicked on send before he was done.  I am sure he is not.

Has anyone seen these behaviors on Android devices?  I want to make sure I am not crazy before I open an SR.

Thanks!

Matt

0 Likes
2 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Use a better android mail app such as Nine Enterprise or BlackBerry Hub suite.  This is likely more an issue with gmail app than GMS

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I Agree. Gmail is a horrible Mail Client against Activesync. The search issue for instance, *must* be a problem in GMail itself, as all searches are done against local data.
I also agree with Nine. I use it personally, and have never looked back.
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.