Commodore
Commodore

On GMS mobility GUI cannot add user or group.

We have installed Groupwise 18.2.x and also a new GMS18.2.x mobility server. [in TEST environment]. GMS installed with the default settings. But when when we want to add a user or group, it comes with the message that user cannot be found. In the groupwise-agent.log file we see that the GAL account [gmspo04] cannot get connection to the postoffice but comes with a timeout.

"2020-05-27 11:03:24.331 ERROR [GroupWiseLicenseMonitor_Thread] [gwsoap:429] [userID:gmspo04] [eventID:] [objectID:] [SOAPRequest] Timeout error when talking to a POA. Response string: None; Exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='10.11.108.174', port=7191): Read timed out. (read timeout=40)"

We can login with this account from a groupwise client, or through the groupwise admin gui.

Does anyone has seen this before, it's a new/clear installation.User Source on GMS is set on 'groupwise'.

kind regards, Henk

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@hko Hi Henk,

Is the GMS Address book user set to System visibility?

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hello Laura, Yes account gmspo04 has visibility 'System', is a new made account, wich i also made 'System Administrator'. [to be sure this account had all rights]. Henk
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Henk,

No need for the GAL account to be a system administrator.  Probably best, security wise, if it isn't an administrator.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

It's very strange, we installed GMS 18.2.x on a NEW sles12sp4 server, with NO SSL or Secure Enabled.

Address Book User is a normal account of the POA wich this GMS server is build for. And still it cannot Add Users or Groups in GMS. In the log file groupwise-agent.log on GMS there is the error:

User not found in the cache. Configured user: gmspo04; forceUserAdd: False.

Also error : Could not find GAL user in the Mobility XML settings. Cannot Continue. Stopping GAL sync.

[where can we find the Mobility XML settings file?]

And so when this user cannot login, we can also not add User accounts to the GMS.

Question is why does this account can't login has the account wich mobility-agent use to connect to the POA to retrieve the users and groups.

Very strange, for a NEW installation, WITHOUT SSL. So only strait on installation. but not working...

Anybode who recognize this? And has the solution also

kind regards, Henk

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@hko ,

did you try to use i.e. your account as a GAL user?

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

And I think you have not mentioned how you grab for your users: via LDAP or via GroupWise?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hello Rimser, we changed the address book user (GAL user) to my own account. And grab the users via Groupwise.
My own account gives also the same issue. Error in the groupwise-agent.log is still: User not foutn in the cache.
Strange thing is that a lines above, in the log, said. Redirect loginRequest to POA at address: http://vmzdl172.ad.ggzgrn.nl:7191/soap. Thats good, because this account stayed at that postoffice. But afther that it still comes with the user not found.
We tried also to provide through LDAP, then we can select users or groups. But then also the GAL account is used to retrieve the groupwise information from this accounts into GMS. An that still fails. So the GMS GUI has accounts in it, but the all have the status 'Failed'.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

GroupWise is good. I recommend to use GRoupWise as source instead of LDAP.

Another question: did you download and install dsapp? Dsapp offers several possibilities for troubleshooting and repairs.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.