phopwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only Webaccess Basic Interface available on iPhone ?

dominicus;2181477 wrote:
Mac mini/8GB ram/SSD 240/ VM ware Fusion 4
+ all files included VMs on NAS 3T/raid 5
2 VMs: SLES 11 64bit & OES11 64bit

Haven't decided yet if I'm implementing OES 11 fileservices or MAC fileservices
Now all files are on my MAC mini and I only use OES+SLES for mail and iFolder

The only change in the last 1,5 years is move from traditional 7200RPM disks (mirrored raid 1) to using only 1 SSD for system
The system is backed up by TimeMachine and the rest via Backup program daily/weekly/monthly/yearly
The diskchange was mainly because of the disks running too HOT on the mac mini. I lost two disks due to this (I think)
first damage 1 year after initial installation, second 10 days ago. Last weekend I changed disks to SSD and the mac mini is blazing fast
and not at all as HOT as earlier.

Users on the mailsystem is 5 and filesystem users (5 MAC + 2 windows) 7

Haven't had any other problem with the system other than disk failiure (one of the mirrored disks dying)

Hope this answers your question.

🙂

This is impressive. Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes
shallam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sma;2179213 wrote:
Hello,

We have successfully upgraded to GroupWise 2012 webaccess and the new webaccess interface is available on Windows devices and iPad but only the basic interface is available on iPhone ?

Is there any way to have the full interface on iPhone ?

Thanks

Sylvain

After doing a quick check and some investigation, the iPad template appears to work well on iPhones. Within the CSS of the iPad template it appears to have a section for phones and tablets, so not sure why they are defaulting iPhones to the simple template (only issue I can see is the Calendar in portrait doesn't appear fully), if anyone knows of any other major issues that I have overlooked please say.

To test it on your iPhone, add "?User.interface=mobile" after "gw/webacc".

If you are happy with the result, then go into the "webacc.cfg" (/var/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess on Linux) on the Web Access server and change the line that reads

Templates.UserAgent.9.id=*iPhone*
Templates.UserAgent.9.interface=simple

to

Templates.UserAgent.9.id=*iPhone*
Templates.UserAgent.9.interface=mobile

Restart Novell Tomcat (rcnovell-tomcat5 restart on SLES 10).

This should change the default interface for iPhones to the mobile interface, which is the same one that iPads use.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

shallam wrote:

> not sure why they
> are defaulting iPhones to the simple template

It has not been tested and validated are the main reasons. And as you say,
there are little "gotchas" here and there that do not work properly. It is not
bad overall, but not quite optimized for the iPhone yet. I've also had sites
add the mobile info to webacc.cfg for android devices. And indeed it works okay
- but just always seems a little "off" for sizing, etc.

That said, there is no reason for you NOT to do it, as long as you realize it's
unsupported. There are plenty of unsupported things we do with GroupWise 😉

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012? http://www.caledonia.net/blog/?p=514
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.