wilhelmm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Optimal Setup für GMS 2014 R2 > 1000 Users

Hey guys,

in our current setup we have 2 GMS R2 Servers and 2 PO´s (1 GMS for one PO). But now we would like to add a 3rd PO with the benefits of the GMS.

1st GMS: 20 User (live)
2nd GMS: 150 User (live)
3rd GMS: 1500 User (future).

I checked the recommended Setup for the GMS. But there are only 750 Users. Is it possible to increase the RAM / CPU / HDD for the Setup with 1500 User?

Does anyone have experience with a higher load?

thx
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Optimal Setup für GMS 2014 R2 > 1000 Users

It is possible to go way past the recommended users / devices with more resources. I've heard of a system with 4,000 users (Do not suggest this), but I couldn't personally tell you how much resources you'd need to pull off 1,500 users/devices.

You can increase the device threads to a max of 25, which may help the server keep up with more devices. Here is a TID on how to increase those threads.
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014654

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.