bharat1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Outlook 2013 & Groupwise

Several customers running GW2012 SP2 are finding that from time to time Outlook 2013 address book appears in users Mail Profile
at this point emailing from within other software ie. Sage 50 in most cases stops working correctly
specifically - Sage 50 allows email of Invoices to be sent via PDF email

There are TWO modes
(1) Send immediately - this still works
(2) Send emails to be approved - ie. emails in the mailbox which is then sent after checking > resend

This happens apparently at random but fairly frequently ie. every 3-4 weeks!!
(at this point as I mentioned Outlook address book is now in the User profile)

Automatic updates are disabled in both Windows 7 & Office

Customers are using MS Office Home & Business - NOt installing Outlook 2013 or removing Outlook is NOT an option with MS Office Home and Business
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Outlook 2013 & Groupwise

Hi,

Reading your post, I'm not clear if you are sharing an issue you have encountered or facing a problem you want input on?

As this is rather specific I'm not sure I can help with this. Have not seen this happen.

What do you mean with "from time to time Outlook 2013 address book appears in users Mail Profile"? The user suddenly gets prompted to choose a mail profile while opening GroupWise to send out mail?
And what do you now have to do to resolve it when this happens? (good to know).

Also note that GroupWise 2012 SP3 is available. Whilst I don't think that will solve what you are seeing, Novell support will probably ask you to test this using the latest version.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

its a Problem I'm describing... and its becoming a real pain with more an more clients upgrading !!!

by from time to time I mean that say every 2-3 or sometimes 4-5 weeks when you select Control Panel > Mail > Profile
there will be

Novell GroupWise
Novell LDAP Addressbook
Novell Personal Addressbook

a 4th item Outlook Addressbook will appear

A few weeks ago I made a System Restore point

If I RESTORE - this 4th item disappers and everything works !!

By the way this is MS Office Home and Business - OUTLOOK cannot be removed no can you omit Outlook from installing

At first we thought this is due to Patch Tuesday!! but since Automatic updates are off both Windows 7 & Office...

Would have tried SP3 but not listed in fixes so didn't want to introduce another batch of problems
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bharat1 wrote on 10/27/2014 06:46 PM:
> By the way this is MS Office Home and Business - OUTLOOK cannot be
> removed no can you omit Outlook from installing

You sure about this?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes...

I've checked various forums on technet.microsoft.com

Officially answered by Microsoft *** Nice to see Official responses on forums!!! ***

OUTLOOK cannot be removed on MS Office Home and Business
oh and licensed version is TWICE the price with a minimum 5 initial purchase
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.