Highlighted
briggs1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Outlook client with GMS 2014

Hi. Just after some advice before I attempt this and cause myself more work that I thought.

We have some very large resource mailboxes that I need to be able to open in an Outlook client. IMAP was a good option until I realised there was continued sync errors meaning some Emails never did show in Outlook. So I want to attempt to do this using GW Mobility service (2014 R2) to see if that works instead. Some initial questions though if you don't mind.

1. Does the size of the mailboxes that you are accessing mean you need to add equivalent disk space to the GMS server? If you are serving 100GB of mailbox via GMS, does the GMS server need disk space to cache this content?

2. Can GMS do an indefinite / all-time sync? Up to now, we only use if for live users, so have a max 60 days sync if I recall. This now needs to be unlimited as the resources have Email from years ago.

3. If #2 above is supported, can I make sure only the resources can go back to unlimited sync, and keep users at 60 days?

I am sure there will be other questions, but I'm basically trying to do one thing, without upsetting the working GMS server for our users.

Actually, is a second GMS server an option, or good idea? With the resources added only to their own GMS?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
briggs1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Outlook client with GMS 2014

So it looks like 2 years in the MAX setting, so can I achieve what I am trying to do at all then? Is there a non-GUI setting perhaps to remove any limit?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Outlook client with GMS 2014

Hi,

Indeed that is the max. setting.  There's nothing that allows you to go beyond that.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.