Highlighted
heartlandbank Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PAB contact's Notes field not longer syncs to device

Ever since we upgraded GroupWise from Version 8 to 2012 I have a user who uses the notes area on a several of his contacts. The note/comment shows in his GroupWise PAB, but it no longer syncs to the Mobile device. This all worked prior to the upgrade to GW2012. I was able recreated his issue with my PAB so I'm assuming something had changed in GW2012 that cause this to no longer work. We are using Novell Data Synchronizer Version: 1.2.3 Build: 882

Has anyone experienced this same issue, and is there a fix for it?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PAB contact's Notes field not longer syncs to device

heartlandbank wrote:

> The note/comment shows in his GroupWise PAB, but it no longer syncs to the
> Mobile device. This all worked prior to the upgrade to GW2012.

There are actually two different fields in GroupWise contacts. One is
"comments" and one is "notes". "Comments" actually SHOULD work, but "Notes"
never should have. Can you double check and see which field is in play here.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Upgrading to GroupWise 2012? http://www.caledonia.net/blog/?p=514
http://www.caledonia.net/gw12upg.html
0 Likes
heartlandbank Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Danita,

Thanks for the clarification. After reviewing the help section of GroupWise I noted the following

Notes: Use this page to add information about your interaction with this contact. For example, a salesperson can keep a log of the contact he or she has had with a customer. Notes are also displayed in the History tab.

When you create a note on this page, a reminder note is created and placed on the calendar page in the Reminder Notes list. Notes are not exported with the address book, but instead are exported with the calendar.

When you create a comment, the comment is created only on the Notes page and is not automatically time stamped.

Now the question is: How come COMMENTS are not synced with NOTES in contacts on the iPhone's. NOTES were notes in GroupWise 8 and now GroupWise 2012 they were converted to comments. Now COMMENTS are not syncing with Notes in Contacts on iPhones. I also tested this the other direction, I filled in a NOTE for a contact on the iPhone and once synced the NOTE is not shown in the contact in GroupWise.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Likes
bahdah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

heartlandbank;2202149 wrote:
Danita,

Thanks for the clarification. After reviewing the help section of GroupWise I noted the following

Notes: Use this page to add information about your interaction with this contact. For example, a salesperson can keep a log of the contact he or she has had with a customer. Notes are also displayed in the History tab.

When you create a note on this page, a reminder note is created and placed on the calendar page in the Reminder Notes list. Notes are not exported with the address book, but instead are exported with the calendar.

When you create a comment, the comment is created only on the Notes page and is not automatically time stamped.

Now the question is: How come COMMENTS are not synced with NOTES in contacts on the iPhone's. NOTES were notes in GroupWise 8 and now GroupWise 2012 they were converted to comments. Now COMMENTS are not syncing with Notes in Contacts on iPhones. I also tested this the other direction, I filled in a NOTE for a contact on the iPhone and once synced the NOTE is not shown in the contact in GroupWise.

Thanks,
Chris

Bug 719340 - Notes from contacts are not sync into device's calendar (our bug) 🙂
0 Likes
Demaximis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was hoping this would've been resolved with the release of Data Mobility 1.2.3, but it was not. I have one user who has an iPhone and uses the Notes field in Comments all the time and ever since the upgrade to GroupWise 2012 the Notes field quit synchronizing. I attempted to suggest that the user not use the Notes field, which was not an option open to them...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.