Hi.

We are seeing these errors in the database
11:49:12 C29E The database function 53 reported error [C042] on msg131.db
11:49:13 C29E The database function 53 reported error [C042] on msg121.db
11:49:14 C29E The database function 53 reported error [C042] on msg131.db
11:49:14 C29E The database function 53 reported error [C042] on msg131.db

I believe that these are related to one user, she had a huge database that i've now got rid of everything except the last years info from it. So It's gone from very large to just large 7.3Gb
But when I tried doing a GWCHECK on her mailbox at this size using the fix option enabled it basically hung the post office and it wouldn't respond. Until I restarted it.
I am now trying to do a gwcheck on her without any fix options ticked just doing a check, and the rest of the server seems ok with me doing that, but once I started the GWCHECK I started to get these errors.

So I'm a little stuck, the emails are nearly all just in the inbox and sent items, there aren't many 12,000 in total most of them in her sent items. Can I just under her cabinet make a couple of directories old mailbox and old sent items. Then move everything into those, and then run a GWCHECK and then put them back into their normal position. Should that resolve any issues if she has possibly one or two weird corrupt emails?

(i've been on holiday, and now i'm back going through all our GW problems from when i was away).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: POA Errors

Hi,

Bear in mind that more than one user could be allocated/associated with a single msgxxx.db.

I would recommend a standalone GWCheck and instead of putting the user's name in the corresponding entry box put in: msg131.db
This will repair just that one database. Do this after hours if you are concerned about your POA grinding to a halt.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
booktrunk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: POA Errors

Thanks.

I didn't know that you can do that on individual databases.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.