dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

POA HTTP Monitor not loading after upgrade

I'm working on a migration/upgrade from gw8 to gw2014, all of the agents show started in the admin console but the http monitor screen will not load. I initially had a bad path to a certificate and have removed the certificate and it's path, turned off ssl and restarted the POA.

I'm still getting this though, when I try to access the POA (non ssl)

GroupWise 2014 POA - PONAME
Status | Configuration | Environment | Log Files | Scheduled Events | MTP Status | Help
Web Console Access has been disabled due to error in loading SSL Certificate: [8209]

Any assistance is appreciated.

Dan
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
28 Replies
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: POA HTTP Monitor not loading after upgrade

I believe the POA has the wrong link information to the domain and I can't get to the monitor screen to fix it. Is there another way? Since the communication is broken between PO and DOM, I also believe it's caused this:

How do I fix this:

GroupWise 2014 MTA - DOM
Status | Configuration | Environment | Log Files | Links | Message Tracking | Help

Last updated 08-08-14 12:42:53
PO Open
Home /media/nss/VOL1/grpwise/po
Hold /grpwise/dom/mslocal/mshold/hpsc624
Messages written 0
Messages read 0
Last opened 08-08-14 12:27:09
Last closed
Last closure reason

The line marked in red has the wrong path. I've already gone in and corrected this with the correct path in the PO, but it hasn't fixed it apparently.
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This shows the link is incorrect, but I'm not sure how to fix it at this point.

GroupWise 2014 MTA - DOM
Status | Configuration | Environment | Log Files | Links | Message Tracking | Help

Last updated 08-08-14 12:58:39
View Direct Links
Destination Type Status Address
DOM Domain Open /grpwise/dom
GWIA Gateway Open /grpwise/dom/wpgate/gwia
PO Post Office Open /media/nss/VOL1/grpwise/po
WEBAC80A Gateway Open /grpwise/dom/wpgate/webac80a

The link in red is incorrect, it should read /grpwise/po

Any assitance is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have rebuilt the post office and domain databases and everything is working except mail delivery from the domain to the post office. The problem is it is still using the old path for the post office. The post office is open - it talks on the IP address, but it has the wrong path for dumping files even though I have the correct path in the post office configuration.

Basically as long as I move the files from /media/nss/VOL1/grpwise/po/ofs/4 to the /grpwise/po/ofs/4 directory everything works. Outbound mail works fine, inbound works from gwia to domain.

Any ideas on how to resolve this are greatly appreciated.

Dan
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dan,

Just a quick suggestion... Have you checked your POA startup file to see if it has the wrong path set in there? Look at the top of the file for the "home" path.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

Yes I have checked the poa startup file and it looks fine. It was a fresh install of GW2014 so there is only one poa file and it's located in the post office directory as well. Interestingly, it's the monitor screen of the domain that shows this wrong information when I click on 'Links' and then the PO link listed there. When I look at monitor in the PO, any of the path data in there shows correct. So it makes me believe the problem is on info stored in the domain - but maybe I'm wrong. Also, mail goes out just fine, but it fails coming in because the domain drops it in the old location and the post office tries to pick it up in the new location.

laurabuckley;2328603 wrote:
Hi Dan,

Just a quick suggestion... Have you checked your POA startup file to see if it has the wrong path set in there? Look at the top of the file for the "home" path.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dan,

Perhaps find ConsoleOne (yip, I'm being serious!) with the GroupWise 2012 snapins. Use the Link Configuration tool and edit the link between the MTA and the POA - I recommend making it a "Direct" link using TCP/IP with the necessary IP's and ports filled in. Save and close. Shutdown and then start the MTA - don't simply do a restart.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I'd have to use a samba share to gain access to the domain I assume. Also both the domain and post office databases are at version 14, so I'm concerned about touching the domain db with a 2012 snapin....

Have you tried it before?

Why can't I edit the link configuration in 2014? When I open it under system, it shows nothing.

Dan

laurabuckley;2328753 wrote:
Hi Dan,

Perhaps find ConsoleOne (yip, I'm being serious!) with the GroupWise 2012 snapins. Use the Link Configuration tool and edit the link between the MTA and the POA - I recommend making it a "Direct" link using TCP/IP with the necessary IP's and ports filled in. Save and close. Shutdown and then start the MTA - don't simply do a restart.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can load ConsoleOne and the GW2012 snapins on the new GW server, launch it and connect to the db that way... Is that the best way to go about it? I'm still concerned that touching the 2014 db with a 2012 snapin could cause problems. Have others done this with success?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

To answer your question... Yes I have edited link configuration in this manner and it solved the problem. If you would like, I could bounce this passed the GroupWise goddess [Danita]?

Let me know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you could check with Danita, that would be great. Just so I have a clear understanding I'll outline what I think you're asking me to do.

Scenario:
Fresh install of SLES 11sp3, fresh install of Groupwise 2014 binaries. No OES services are installed and the GW filesystem is ext3. New server is called gwmail.
Migrated Groupwise 8 data from gwserver (old server name) to gwmail (new server) using dbcopy via NFS mount.
Ran Groupwise console from gwmail and performed upgrade against both domain and post office simultaneously. Everything seemed to go fine, except for two things. I had to delete and recreate the GWIA (no big deal) and incoming mail would not deliver. I discovered that the old path had been created on the new server and that the MTA was dropping mail in to the path /media/nss/VOL1/grpwise/po/ofs/4 but never getting picked up. Currently my workaround is a cron job that moves the files from the nss path to /grpwise/po/ofs/4 (the correct path the post office looks at). This allows the post office to collect the mail and it gets delivered after that.

Tasks to fix bad path that seems to be embedded in the domain:
1. Download Groupwise 2012 Linux install and use it to install ConsoleOne for Linux and the Groupwise 2012 CosoleOne snapins on gwmail server.
2. Launch ConsoleOne from the gwmail server and point it to the domain database at the correct, new location on that server.
3. Edit the Link Configuration to the post office, correcting the bad path and save the change.

My assumption is that I wouldn't have to perform the upgrade over and that the version of both the databases would remain at 1400 as they currently show in the Groupwise Console.

Let me know if I'm missing anything and thanks.

Something else I'm considering is creating a new post office and slowly moving users, then deleting the old post office once all the users are moved (approximately 360)

Thanks for your assistance.

Dan

laurabuckley;2329024 wrote:
Hi,

To answer your question... Yes I have edited link configuration in this manner and it solved the problem. If you would like, I could bounce this passed the GroupWise goddess [Danita]?

Let me know.

Cheers,
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dan,

My apologies for not responding sooner - my internet has been down.

I've passed this along to Danita and we should get an answer soon.

Again, apologies for slow response 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dlietz <dlietz@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> This shows the link is incorrect, but I'm not sure how to fix it at this
> point.
>
> GroupWise 2014 MTA - DOM
> Status | Configuration | Environment | Log Files | Links | Message
> Tracking | Help
>
>
>
> Last updated 08-08-14 12:58:39
> View Direct Links
> Destination Type Status Address
> DOM Domain Open /grpwise/dom
> GWIA Gateway Open /grpwise/dom/wpgate/gwia
> PO Post Office Open /media/nss/VOL1/grpwise/po
> WEBAC80A Gateway Open /grpwise/dom/wpgate/webac80a
>
> The link in red is incorrect, it should read /grpwise/po
>
> Any assitance is greatly appreciated.
>

GW on Linux does not support direct file access for the link configuration.
You need to change the link to TCP. So, head back to ConsileOne, edit the
link configuration, so to View Post Office Links, and change it to TCP. I
think that is all that is going on.

--
Danita - http://www.caledonia.net/register
0 Likes
dlietz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No worries Laura, my work around is keeping the mail flowing.

I see that Danita responded with the following:

GW on Linux does not support direct file access for the link configuration.
You need to change the link to TCP. So, head back to ConsileOne, edit the
link configuration, so to View Post Office Links, and change it to TCP. I
think that is all that is going on.

I'm not sure if that was before or after you had talked with her. I received this about an hour after you sent your message, had you talked to her by then?

Thanks.

Dan
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dan,

Yes, Danita's response is in direct response to me "pinging" her.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.