Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

POA high number of events an issue?

Looking at my GW 2018.2 POA on the SOAP event configuration list, I see all the users, most of which have a high number of events (over 1000) listed.  Is this normal?  We do have a 2018 Mobility server connecting to the POA.

I seem to remember a procedure where you run the quickfinder and set it to process all events but I can't find the TID or discussion.  Can someone refresh my memory?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (4)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dch151 Hi Dan,

The SOAP Event Configuration List has nothing to do with QuickFinder Indexing.

Typically issues with high numbers being reported in the SOAP list is caused by GMS servers being shutdown/decommissioned before the user accounts have been removed from them.  I suggest you take a look at what IP addresses are being reported against the event keys.  Take a look there and let us know if there are IP addresses of servers [GMS] that are no longer running and then we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Laura, I did create a new mobility server two months ago and it appears to be operating normally; ie users are getting messages on their smart devices.  At the time, I decommissioned the old mobility server after first removing the accounts from it.  I also cleaned up references in the POA to the old mobility server. See the "High GW utilization with Mobility server" thread in this forum.

So, I believe that the old mobility server was removed properly.  The IP addresses in the Event Configuration List all point to the current (new) mobility server.

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dch151  Hi Dan,

My humble apologies... don't know where my brain has been while on vacation - ummm, maybe vacant 😞

The "Events" column does not indicate pending events.  Instead it displays the number of events that have occurred on the POA for that user and event configuration.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks, Laura, and sorry for the late reply.  So how can I be sure that the mobility server or the GW post office is not getting backed up with requests?

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dan,

The GMS Admin console will report such issues.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Dan,

the GMS dashboard will tell you a little bit more about your performance. Especially the information in the right corner. Watch the events counter! If the counter increases and increases, then you have a problem.

Of course the agent alerts will give you some more hints.

Diethmar

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.