Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

POA upgrade to 2012

Got a quick question concerning upgrading poa to 2012. Following procedure that basically installs all the agents, copying the dc files to appropriate locations, and then starting agents, whether domain or post office in show mode to make sure conversion takes place. I have never seen a reason to configure agents especially since no change is being made expect version of agents. I was reading over something today and it said you don't have to configure the domain agents, but you do for the post office agents having to do with something related to the new webaccess. Is this correct or not. Could someone ellaborate on it as to if you have to configure poa agents during the upgrade.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: POA upgrade to 2012

jlewter;2271392 wrote:
Got a quick question concerning upgrading poa to 2012. Following procedure that basically installs all the agents, copying the dc files to appropriate locations, and then starting agents..

That's basically it yes. Also, don't forget to update/copy the view files to each PO. Also, start by starting the (primary) domain and make sure that one has upgraded properly before going on to upgrading the agents/gateways under it.

jlewter;2271392 wrote:
I have never seen a reason to configure agents especially since no change is being made expect version of agents.

Mostly cosmetic reasons (versioning etc)

jlewter;2271392 wrote:
I was reading over something today and it said you don't have to configure the domain agents, but you do for the post office agents having to do with something related to the new webaccess. Is this correct or not. Could someone ellaborate on it as to if you have to configure poa agents during the upgrade.

Indeed that has to do with the new webaccess. With gwinter being replaced with the new SOAP based version, you need a document viewer agent (the dva that you can select to install with the poa during the 2012 configuration bit) that will be used by the new webaccess client to render views. That's it basically.

It really doesn't hurt to run through the agent configuration bit 🙂 I'd recommend to always do so when doing a major upgrade.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.