khooverpview Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Palm Pre

Anyone having any luck with a webOS (Pre/Pixi) with this. I've synced a couple times and so far I'm only showing contacts, no calendar or email. It seems to generate folders but the contents of those folders are empty. I've removed and readded to groupwise connector, mobility connector and phone mulitple times and so far no go.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
29 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Palm Pre

khooverpview;1955869 wrote:
Anyone having any luck with a webOS (Pre/Pixi) with this. I've synced a couple times and so far I'm only showing contacts, no calendar or email. It seems to generate folders but the contents of those folders are empty. I've removed and readded to groupwise connector, mobility connector and phone mulitple times and so far no go.

How long have you waited? It is odd that you got contacts first, but it can take awhile for the initial sync.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

It's going on an hour, I leave it go overnight to see if it works. Checked the logs on all connectors and I'm not seeing errors.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm downloading a Palm Pre emulator now - I'll see what I get on it!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Interestingly enough, when I look at the Connector Monitor it shows a whole bunch of things pending. It shows that it has synced my inbox though but the inbox is empty on the device.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You could try a resync - go to the Mobility Connector main page, scroll down to the box where your userid is - in theory it will be "green" - if not, let us know. If it's green, try a resync.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

just did that and it just synced - but in only synced contact items. I have no pending items for calendar or mail
0 Likes
paulthing Absent Member.
Absent Member.

khooverpview;1955927 wrote:
just did that and it just synced - but in only synced contact items. I have no pending items for calendar or mail

Sorry if I am cutting in. I have a pre also and I cannot connect. The error msg I get is telling my bad log in/password. I am using the EAS setting, with a blank domain, and than my UID and password.

Thank you for any help...
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

paulthing;1955981 wrote:
Sorry if I am cutting in. I have a pre also and I cannot connect. The error msg I get is telling my bad log in/password. I am using the EAS setting, with a blank domain, and than my UID and password.

Do you have different eDirectory & GroupWise passwords? If so, make sure you use your eDirectory password. Also, are you an actual user or just an external entity?

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
paulthing Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jmarton;1955984 wrote:
Do you have different eDirectory & GroupWise passwords? If so, make sure you use your eDirectory password. Also, are you an actual user or just an external entity?

Do you have different eDirectory & GroupWise passwords? ----No
I have a actual account. I am able to log into the server from my desktop with the same UID and password. Is there a palm pre how to or settings guide?
thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
jfosterqa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've heard rumor that if you follow the instructions on the Palm Pre site for setup it will not work. But then you can go in and manually set the domain and set the settings correctly.

There is a wiki with device specific instructions. Data Synchronizer Mobility Connector - CoolSolutionsWiki
0 Likes
paulthing Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jfosterqa;1956032 wrote:
I've heard rumor that if you follow the instructions on the Palm Pre site for setup it will not work. But then you can go in and manually set the domain and set the settings correctly.

There is a wiki with device specific instructions. Data Synchronizer Mobility Connector - CoolSolutionsWiki

Thank you, I like the wiki, but it has no pre info.
I have manual added the UID, server https address and password. I left the domain blank. We use e-dir. Do I need to add the domain? Would I add the web domain, like "novell.com"?
Thank you very much
0 Likes
ianpalmer1987 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've heard that setting up palm devices are pretty tricky.

I'll see if I can find some documentation on it somewhere.
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is certainly taking a while for the Pre to sync, I'm starting to get a few folders to populate, but it does take its sweet time.

Does anyone happen to know the sync interval on the mobility pack or a way to "force sync"? The initial sync did take place which created all of my folders, etc... but the subsequent syncs to convert/sync the data seem to be taking ridiculously long, especially considering that the Mobility Pack and GroupWise connector are the only thing on this piece of hardware, and I'm working with only one user.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

paulthing;1956061 wrote:
Thank you, I like the wiki, but it has no pre info.
I have manual added the UID, server https address and password. I left the domain blank. We use e-dir. Do I need to add the domain? Would I add the web domain, like "novell.com"?
Thank you very much

You can leave the domain blank, make sure your SOAP settings are setup in GW too and check your firewall.

Regardless, save yourself the the trouble the tech preview doesn't appear to work with the pre. I haven't found a pre user yet that is able to get to work . . . forums, twitter, etc. So far I can only get it to sync with contacts, no email or calendar. Guess I'll have to keep using companionlink w/ google for now.

I'll keep trying with the new builds though.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.