Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Personal Distribution Lists Cleanup

Please confirm for me there is no way to cleanup distribution list in someone's frequent contacts when a user has been deleted from the system. I try to keep the settings set so the client does not save internal addresses (to or from), but not always the case.

Thanks,
Bill
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Personal Distribution Lists Cleanup

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I don't have a GroupWise 8 system to test on, but I've done the following on GroupWise 2012SP2.... created a personal address book, in the personal address book created a personal distribution list, added somebody from the GroupWise System Address book to the personal distribution list. I then deleted the GroupWise account. At this point the user was removed from the System Address Book but remained in the personal distribution list. I then kick started the Nightly User Upkeep process. Once that had run the person was no longer in the personal distribution list.

I would image that this should work the same on GroupWise 8. So for starters I'd check to ensure that your Nightly User Upkeep process is running correctly.

Alternatively, I think, that running the GWCheck standalone utility with the PABONLY option will update the address books.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Personal Distribution Lists Cleanup

Hi Bill,

You may want to reference this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7005433

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.