Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Polling information from GroupWise (Monitor) to Nagios

Hi,

I am currently setting up a monitoring environment based on an Open Moniotoring Dustribution server (using a Nagios core). The setup performs fine so far and I am almost done figuring out how to get the data I want.

One of the big things left on my todo-list is our GroupWise-cluster. Since the cluster was installed and is serveiced by an external company and I have close to no knowledge of the inner workings of GroupWise, we as a group decided that it would be wise that I use read-only-SNMPv2 to monitor those servers. I wasn't exactly pleased when I learned that SNMP doesn't work on 64-Bit-Linux-servers.

After learning that we have a working GroupWise Monitor running, I was wondering if it is possible to poll Data from the GroupWise Monitor and get it to my Nagios-server.

If not, what else can I do in order to get my all of my monitoring done with Nagios.

Thanks

Fabian
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Polling information from GroupWise (Monitor) to Nagios

Fabian,

it's a PITA indeed. The company which set up our monitoring is using curl to get the web pages from GW monitor and parses data from there. I didn't find any other solution.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I thought it would come to a solution like this. I guess I dont't have to use/learn curl since this could also be done using any script-language.

I hoped to find someone here who has already written a script for that.

After talking to our GroupWise-guy I am left with two options:

1)Waiting for the next Version which is rumored to include SNMP for 64-Bit-Versions
2)Writing a script which would take time

I'm inclined to go for option 1 because of time restrains.

But thanks anyway.

Fabian
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fabian,

drop me a mail, please. I'll see what I can do regarding curl.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.