Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Prevent select users from empting Trash

Is there a way to prevent certain users from emptying their Trash? We have a legal need to retain all of their email for a specific amount of time.

I found this in another thread, but it's not working for me. I can still empty individual items.

>>Create a bogus trusted app in C1 that "provides message retention services",
in the client preferences of the user in the envrioment, slect the retention
tab and enable that bogus gw trusted app you created in C1, presto that user
will not be able to empty their trash.<<

I created the Trusted app, set it for myself, waited about 15 minutes, but still not working.

We may end up using a third party app (Retain or ?), but trying to find something built in.

thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Prevent select users from empting Trash

NM - it does work.

It 'allows' you to empty, but when you click to other folder, then back to Trash, they're still there.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.