Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Primary domain moved - How to update Messenger, Calpub and Mobility?

Hello

We have moved our Primary and Secondary domains to a  new server with new IP/new DNS.

All remote groupwise servers have had the new certs updated as well as their respective POA/MTA/GWIA certs.

The only thing I'm uncertain is how to bring  these updates to Messenger, Calpub and Mobility?

I'm assuming it will need some sort of cert. update?

I did modify the calhost.cfg file to point to the new Primary domain IP in the adminservice and restarted Tomcat. Not sure if that's all that needs to be done for that one.

As for Mobility and Messenger - not sure where update the changes to these servers?

PS Running GW18.1.1 133172 (yes i know we should update to 18.2 🙂  but the first step is to move all of our servers to new servers that will be running OES 2018 🙂 

TIA!

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@squartec 

Calpub: just do the "Configure" part in your installation. I assume you do not have to re-install calpub because it is still the same server. Especially for webaccess and calpub a configure is in most cases easier than playing around with configuration files.

Messenger: do the same. Run through the configuration. You do not have to install all the rpms, you do not have to reinitialize the database - just do the configuration. If there is a problem with GroupWise, "configure" will tell you.

Mobility: assume that you're doing an update. Access your mobility iso - even if you do not have a newer version now - and run an update job. If there is a problem with GroupWise, "update" will tell you.

Especially Messenger and Mobility will show you if you did a good job with your certs (changing ip and dns). If there are any problems, then you will find explaining TIDs which will help you.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thank you! Seemed easy enough.

However I have noticed now that  cannot run an LDAP sync with the Primary  with Messenger. An EDIR server sync works, but not for LDAP?? Any ideas where to look?

11:05:24 700 DIR Starting sync for LDAP/DOM_LDAP.
11:05:24 700 DIR Sync for LDAP/DOM_LDAP returned error [0xD10E].
11:05:24 700 DIR Sync for LDAP/DOM_LDAP processed 0 records, updated 0, expired 0 users.
11:05:24 700 DIR Sync finished for LDAP/DOM_LDAP 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Well, more than one thing you can check.

Did you enable LDAP for your MTA? If you configure LDAP then you have to restart gwadminservice!

No other LDAP server is active on this host (i.e. eDirectory? In this case use another port for your MTA LDAP.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yes, it was already enabled in the Mta and it’s set to use port 1636.
No settings were changed when the primary moved..just updated certificates and IP address.

The edir user sync to this mta works..

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

You have checked your server if MTA is listening on 1636 (i.e. netstat)? Of course 1636 is not blocked by some firewall?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I am sure you have already tried this: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7022922

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yes all those settings are good.
It’s odd because I can enable and re associate accounts to Messenger, and it works, it’s just the sync won’t run.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yes I believe those are good .. I can telnet from the msg server to the primary on that port..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.