WFRUSH Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Print email always produces three copies from printers

When a particular user of a particular computer requests to print a Groupwise email, three copies come out of the printer.
This happens with all her installed printers. No other applications do this triple-printing "thing."
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Groupwise.
If a different user logs in to the same computer and prints an email from Groupwise, only one copy comes out of the printer.
If the affected user logs in to a different computer and prints an email, only one copy comes out of the printer.
The affected user reported the problem, saying that she was changing settings, but doesn't remember anything about copies.

I've looked in her options. I've looked in at the printer properties when she's printing from Groupwise, and it is set to one copy.

Short of deleting her entire profile on the computer and recreating it, how can I fix this?

Warren Frush
Computer Studios
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Print email always produces three copies from printers

Hi Warren,

If this was indeed a GroupWise setting in the user database the problem would follow the user to other workstation. The fact that the problem does not follow the user indicates something wrong in the Windows profile.

I'm going to do some digging, but you might well be in the position where you will have to create a new profile 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <WFRUSH.7ec9xc@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Wfrush wrote:
> Short of deleting her entire profile on the computer and recreating it,
> how can I fix this?

A general clean up of temp files and such may pop it clear
CCleaner is a great tool for that, run it while on her profile, including
the registry part as well.
What version of Windows is this running on?

The number of Copies is an option of the Preferences for a printer within
selecting the printer to print to, see if that is set to other than one.
If it is at one, set to two for one test and the flip it back to see if
that knocks it back.

Andy Konecny
Knowledge Partner (voluntary SysOp)
Konecny Consulting Inc. in Toronto

"Give more than others think is wise
Challenge yourself beyond what others think is right"
Michael 'Pinball' Clemens

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
WFRUSH Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I, too, am a big fan of CCleaner, and have run it on this workstation. The number of copies for printing is currently set to 1, and other programs, like Word and Excel, hew to the setting and just print one page. But I like your idea of changing to something and changing it back. I'll give that a try.
BTW: this is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Warren Frush
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.