licif Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Print to PDF - Conversation Threads cut off

I love the new conversation threading in GW 18 for viewing purposes. However, when I try to print an email chain to pdf, most of the response threads are cut off. I have to go through each individual thread window and hit the "show all" button before printing to make sure everything is included in the print. This is very time consuming/tedious when I have a long email chain (very common for me). Is there a quick way to expand all response threads at once??
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Print to PDF - Conversation Threads cut off

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question. I've never noticed this before. Please tell me the exact version/build of the client: Help | About GroupWise

And I'll do some testing on my side.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
licif Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2498716 wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question. I've never noticed this before. Please tell me the exact version/build of the client: Help | About GroupWise

And I'll do some testing on my side.

Cheers,

Currently running 18.1.0
Build: 132269

Thanks!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

This is what I did:

Select an email thread. Right-click on it and select print. Print to PDF. The PDF contains the entire conversation thread with all information. There was no need for me to expand on each email.

I'm using the 18.1.1 client - this might be the difference.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
licif Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that is what I have been doing. Works fine if the thread and response length is short. But when I try to print a chain of 20+ emails, with some responses several paragraphs in length, groupwise does not expand the condenced threads. The print will cut off responses or miss them entirely.

I'm wondering if the test you created didn't match this same criteria. Could I possibly forward you and example email in which this is happening, to confirm the print option works for you in the newer version?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi licif,

I've done further testing on conversation threads greater than 40 emails in length and have seen inconsistent results. Please open a service request with Micro Focus Technical support for more detailed investigation.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.