iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Printed messages cut off top, left and bottom

I have one user experiencing something strange. When he prints in Groupwise, the messages get cut off on the top, left and bottom
of the printed page. Even when he prints to any other printer besides his office printer, all messages are cut off like this. Other applications print pages fine, this is just an issue in Groupwise on his system. It's alsmost as though the printer settings are "borderless" as there are only a few lines at the top cut off, a few characters on the left, and a few lines on the bottom.

He has a Windows XP sp3 fully patched system, we use all HP printers. No one else is having this issue but him.

Any ideas what I can check or try?

Thanks,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printed messages cut off top, left and bottom

These HTML messages ?, if so check the printer settings in Internet
Explorer, that's what GW would use

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. You know, I actually never paid attention. They seemed to be plain text, but probably there's a logo or something in the signature that would make it HTML that I didn't see (I actually try not to read the user's messages when troubleshooting issues in email, just a courtesy thing, so I don't pay too close attention to plain vs HTML.) I can double check with the user. I did go into my IE and make some changes, such as borderless printing, 0-sized margins, disabled the Enable shrink to fit, and when I printed some HTML messages they were cut off close to how his messages are, so this may very well be the issue.

Will let you know!

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Absent Member.

OK, for plain text messages, GW uses its own internal print mechanism, but
for HTML, it simply uses the routines within the IE dlls, and that means
it also uses the IE print settings, so it may well be some setting in that
area

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep, Dave, that worked! He had some really goofy margin settings .161, .160, etc. so I said put everything at .25 for starters
and viola! The HTML (and they were HTML messages) are printing correctly now.

Thank you so much, another happy camper!

Val

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Grand <g>, glad it worked out.

I guess when you set the margins on your machine to 0 or the settings that
he had originally, then the message would have been formatted to use those
settings and the message then tries to print into the unprintable areas of
the printer around the page edges.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.