PhilJannusch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem 77 - how to fix

In my GwCheck logs I have some "problem 77" errors (unable to read attachment). The fix is to add attclip in the options area. But the error is displayed in the message databases (ie msg3.db). How in ConsoleOne do fix this? I run repairs against users not files such as msg3.db.

thanks
Phil
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problem 77 - how to fix

Hi Phil,

Try stand alone GWCheck. Untick structure, tick contents, tick Fix Problems, under Object Type select User/Resource, in the entry box enter the message database name or the user name. Under Databases ensure that the Message database is selected. On the Misc tab enter the attclip option. Run that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

This did not work because Gwcheck said that the user msgXXX does not exist. (where XXX is a number from 1 to 3 digits long).

It appears that each user has their own msgXXX.db file. How do figure out what msgXXX.db files go to which user?

Thanks
Phil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

There are 255 msgxxx.db files and they are shared across all users in your post office.

If specifying the msgxxx.db did not work, then just enter the user's name into the corresponding entry box, ensure that both User and Message is selected on the Databases tab and GroupWise should figure out what message database belongs to that user. The resultant log file will indicate which message database is associated with the user.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

The problem is I do not know which user to specify when I run repairs. All I get the msgxxx.db file name showing the problem 77 error, not the user name.

Phil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

My apologies for misunderstanding you.

Ok, when you run the stand alone GWCheck and you specify the msgxxx.db are you including the .db extension?

Perhaps you are going to have to run this on your entire PO?

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I tried with and without the .db extension. I hate to run it against the entire PO. Those repairs take over a day. Too many users with 800 gig of data.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Just a quick question.... when last did you run a full Content check with the Attachment File Check option selected against your POA?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Sorry, I'm going to ask a basic question here, but understand that I'm trying to cover all bases, you did have a mapped drive to the POA and filled in that information into GWCheck before you tried to run it against the msgxxx.db? Sorry to ask, but it is overlooked sometimes!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Absent Member.

No problem asking!

Yes I had a mapped drive to the server in question. In fact to verify I had everything right I ran repairs on my own mail box.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Your understanding is appreciated 🙂

Here's what my GWCheck screen looks like:

Tell me if you see any different.

This is what my log file tells me:

Let me know if you see any different?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I must have mis-typed the first few times. Because now it works!

Thanks as always for your help. This clean is in preparation to move to GW14!

Phil
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Glad that you got it working for you. Always a pleasure to assist. Thanks for reporting back.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.