Highlighted
Robert Shera Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Problem Running GroupWise Web in Docker

Jump to solution

I am trying to get the new GroupWise 18.2 Web application to run in docker. I am using a SLES 15 SP1 server with BTRFS as the file system for root, and a separate /grpwise partition (XFS) for the GroupWise domain and post offices.

The GroupWise system was migrated using dbcopy from an 18.1 install running on SLES 12 SP4.

I have installed and configured the GroupWise server,  but none of the other application (ie no web server, no calendar, no monitor etc). SSL is configured and working. I have a DVA set up.

Docker is installed and running, and I can run the hello-world and ubuntu packages successfully. But when I try to run the web package, it doesn't load. The command I am running is:

docker run --rm -v /opt/novell/gw:/etc/nginx/gw --name gwweb -e FQDN=<my test machine> -e DNS_SERVER=<my dns IP> -p 80:80 -p 443:443 mfgroupwise/web:latest

and the output is:

startup.sh: Running startup scripts...
startup.sh: Running certs.sh...
certs.sh: Generating a RSA private key
certs.sh: .................................+++++
certs.sh: ........................................................+++++
certs.sh: writing new private key to '/certs/server.key'
certs.sh: -----
startup.sh: Running ep.sh...
startup.sh: Startup scripts completed
2019/12/16 00:34:53 [emerg] 6#6: could not build map_hash, you should increase map_hash_bucket_size: 64
nginx: [emerg] could not build map_hash, you should increase map_hash_bucket_size: 64

At that point I am lost, and suggestions from a search as to how to fix this leave me even more confused!

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problem Running GroupWise Web in Docker

Jump to solution

@Robert Shera 

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delayed response.  I'm assuming that you pulled the config utility and successfully ran that to create your .conf file?

I recommend you test the Tech Preview version of the docker based GroupWise Web application - a new build was made available a day or so ago.

https://hub.docker.com/r/mfgroupwise/webacc-ng

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@Robert Shera 

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delayed response.  I'm assuming that you pulled the config utility and successfully ran that to create your .conf file?

I recommend you test the Tech Preview version of the docker based GroupWise Web application - a new build was made available a day or so ago.

https://hub.docker.com/r/mfgroupwise/webacc-ng

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
greiner Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
i have posted yesterday my Problem with the new docker Installation files and waiting for a answer. There are no new files for GW18.2.x, onl for gw18.1.x
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@greiner 

Hi,

Please explain a little more what you mean by this "There are no new files for GW18.2.x, onl for gw18.1.x ".

GroupWise Web [docker] is only supported/works with GroupWise 18.2 - so I do not understand what new files you are referring to.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Greiner,

if you run the preview version then you should have received this statement: 

"We are not posting a new GW POA for this release.  All SOAP changes on the GW POA side needed to run GW Web are available in the current GW POAs posted in the GW Web Tech Preview forum (GW 18.1.1 POA) and shipping GW 18.2 (GW 18.2 POA)."

Diethmar
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Diethmar,

thank you for your message.

When all is correct on this message, how to continue and test the installation?

i don't found any information on the documents on vibe!

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Please show on the vibe server, here are only files for gw18.1.x as prerequites and no files 18.2.x
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Greiner,

if you run GroupWise 18.2 then you do not need any other (newer) version because 18.2 is supporting those parts of SOAP which webacc-ng needs.

(this is my opion; I do not have any problems with ng after upgrading yesterday)

Diethmar

0 Likes
Robert Shera Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks Laura,
I did actually get it to work eventually - the problem was actually my stupidity. I was using the address of the groupwise server rather than the docker server.
Amazing what happens when you read the instructions carefully.
But I do want to test the latest version, so I'll download it as suggested.

Cheers,
Robert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.