Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with Jobs; Can't edit finish date

Hi Forum,

Server: 2014.0.2 (120664)
Client: 2014.0.2 (120664)

one account can't edit the finish date of existing jobs.
Following steps are performed:
- In the jobs view double click a job and set a new finish date, save.
- windows closes and in the job list the new date is visible.
- click on another job and the date of the edited job resets to the original finish date

This is reproducible with any job, whether it is a new one or existing. It's the same in caching and online mode. Also after I've done any gwcheck I'm aware of (structure (online and caching), content (online and caching), reset client options)...

Interesting fact: If jobs are edited in the quick view window the new date will be persistent. Unfortunately even if the new date is correctly visible, the job alarm pops up at original date. In the client and also on the phone the old date will be alarmed...

Any suggestions what to do and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problem with Jobs; Can't edit finish date

Hi Pascal,

If I am understanding your post correctly this is only affecting one user - is that correct?

If it is only one account, have you tried on a different workstation?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

exactly, one user. I tried no other workstations so far, but will do that 🙂

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

first of all: problem is not related to one workstation. I let the affected user login on another workstation and had the same effect.
In webaccess the job can be edited successful.
After more testing it seems to be more than one user with this problem. I can reproduce this on my own workstation with an FTF version: build 121268. Tests of at least two of my colleagues with 14.0.2 show same problem.
Be aware that I can reproduce this only with posted jobs. A "normal" job with recipients can be edited as usual.

Any suggestions? Otherwise it is time to open an SR 🙂

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Perhaps it is time for an SR? I don't seem able to duplicate the issue - posted tasks, modify due date, all is good!

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Have you opened quickview of that posted job while editing? If I close the quickview it works as expected.
I can demonstrate you this "feature" via TeamViewer if you want to 🙂

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Ah, now I see what you mean. If you edit in Quick View there is no way, that I can find, to save this change.

I'm not sure if this is working as designed or is a bug. I recommend that you open an SR to get a definitive answer from Novell. Please post back your findings.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

the bug was confirmed but I never get a notice about a fix. But since 2014R2 is out, I've been recommendend to upgrade and test if the bug is still there.
For now we have no plans to update fast to 2014r2 so I can't tell you if this bug still exists...

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

I've just tested on R2 and the bug appears to be resolved. I can change the date for a posted task in QuickViewer and the change "sticks".

I hope that this information is useful to you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Larua,

thanks for reporting back. That's good to hear that this bug is fixed 🙂

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.