Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with MTA

Good evening.

For the moment I have a really serious problem. Today we made the upgrade from GW14.2.2 to GW18.1. So far, so good. Now I have following situation: Internal eMails are working. From outside I see a large number of messages in gwia. But there is nearly no traffic between my servers.
OS: SLES11 Sp4, OES2015 (all actual patches are installed). In my Server-LAN I have one machine (Primary-Domain,MTA,PO)and another in the DMZ (Secondary-Domain, MTA, GWIA,Webacc).

The only changes we made after upgrade is to change the prefedered Internet-domain in System -> Internetsettings. Her I opened a SR with critical. The support searches several hours for a solution. For today, we gave up here :(.
The change of the intern-domain was rolled back.

Any ideas to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

Regard

Dirk Emmermacher
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem with MTA

Hello.

I checked for port 7100 on both machines. They are open. Via telnet its possible to get a connection.

Regards

Dirk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello.

We found the problem. The mta-file on the server in DMZ has old entries from an old gwava mta-scanner. GW 14 didn't use this key, GW 18 do use them.

Regards

Dirk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thank you for posting the solution. Those left-over config settings
can catch us unaware sometimes.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

If this post was helpful and you are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.