regischapman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Problems Upgrading GW Mobile server to SLES 12

Jump to solution

GW-MOBILE2:/ # cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64)
VERSION = 12
PATCHLEVEL = 2
# This file is deprecated and will be removed in a future service pack or release.
# Please check /etc/os-release for details about this release.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

While i usually prefer not  to have any traces of btrfs at all you'll be technically fine if you just relocate /var.

You can take this one https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7015338 as an outline.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

As you seem to have a listener on 8120 now: can you login to webadmin?

If the system works as such and you have to stay with GMS 14 for a while you REALLY should patch the system to 14.2.2.5 (build 225) btw.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@regischapman wrote:
Yes, well, this is a rabbit hole I didn't know I was going down. My only real goal was to upgrade all my GW servers (starting with this one) in preparation for doing the remaining upgrades on the software behind it.

Now I'm finding an interlaced lattice of dependencies, matched step versions of OSes that are required for just this one product, and I have GWIA, Groupwise main server, CalDAV, and so on for a total of 11 servers.

I know how you feel, but it is even more important to stress that it really isn't a good idea to "update" in such a situation to products that themselfs are old again, and no longer supported. The *only* sensible way forward for you is GW18.1.1 on current SLES versions. WHich, for Groupwise itself is really not much of a problem, and in case of GMS is best done by simply installing a brandnew one. Your pain comes from trying to update one EOL software with the other.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.