Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
ChasR Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Problems with web-config utililty in docker.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have got docker installed, ssl is working on the post office with certificates, but when I run the web-config utiliity I get the following problems:

Freemarker Template error:

The following has evaluated null or missing:

==> dvalist [in template "dva.fm" at line 2 column 8]

I have check the command line and all appears correct, I get the login prompt after which I get this messaage followed by a stack trace and a java stack trace..

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Chasr

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problems with web-config utililty in docker.

Jump to solution

@ChasR 

Hi,

In the GroupWise Admin Console | System | Document Viewer Agent - is there a DVA configured, and on the Post Office Agent is the configured DVA assigned.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@ChasR 

Hi,

In the GroupWise Admin Console | System | Document Viewer Agent - is there a DVA configured, and on the Post Office Agent is the configured DVA assigned.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mnbeckstrom
New Member.

Jump to solution

I have the exact same error message and problem with my install.  I do not have a document viewer installed or configured in my system.  Do I need to do so?

Matt

0 Likes
mnbeckstrom
New Member.

Jump to solution

I answered my own question.  I created the Document Viewer Agent in gwadmin, assigned it to the POA, and tried the web-config again.  This time is was successful.

Matt

0 Likes
ChasR Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick. Like others, we did not have the need for DVA, but once it was installed etc. the web-config worked fine. You would think that there would be a reference to this requirement somewhere in the documentation.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

ChasR.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

The DVA plays a key part in the Indexing of the POA.  Without this the Search/Find feature of the client will not function correctly.  Every GroupWise system requires at least one configured DVA for correct functioning.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.