dholmesscsd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Published calendars won't update

Just migrated from GroupWise 8 on NetWare to 2012 on OES11 x64, thanks largely to Danita's excellent guide. So far so good except I set up the calendar publishing host and it doesn't seem to want to update the calendars when changes are made to appointment times. Sometimes restarting Apache and Tomcat will update it and sometimes that doesn't seem to matter either. The published calendar page is basically acting the same way. Newly published calendars won't show up even though if you look at the monitor agent it shows the url that is published. Any ideas on where to look or should I just wait for SP1 and hope that fixes it? The log files for the calendar publishing host aren't being terribly helpful.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Published calendars won't update

dholmesscsd;2217860 wrote:
Just migrated from GroupWise 8 on NetWare to 2012 on OES11 x64, thanks largely to Danita's excellent guide. So far so good except I set up the calendar publishing host and it doesn't seem to want to update the calendars when changes are made to appointment times. Sometimes restarting Apache and Tomcat will update it and sometimes that doesn't seem to matter either. The published calendar page is basically acting the same way. Newly published calendars won't show up even though if you look at the monitor agent it shows the url that is published. Any ideas on where to look or should I just wait for SP1 and hope that fixes it? The log files for the calendar publishing host aren't being terribly helpful.

I thought this was mostly fixed in 2012. I think the default time is 5 minutes though for the refresh to kick in, although I've seen reports that it doesn't work right. I'll have to dig up my numerous bugs on CalPub and see if they were fixed in 2012 or to be fixed in SP1.

I believe you'd have to enable debug logging on CalPub and look at the tomcat logs to see what's going on. I think I ended up just submitting the logs to Novell and let them figure out what was going on when I opened the SR's (this was a while ago).
0 Likes
dholmesscsd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Published calendars won't update

Reviving this thread. SP1 didn't help and nothing obvious in any of the log files. Restarting Tomcat will reflect calendar changes but that's not really a good solution. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.