bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quickfinder index seems not to finish for one user

Hi Forum,

gw-14.0.2-120664

I have one account which gets indexed completely by quickfinder every run.
From the POA logfile:
B241 Updating QuickFinder index: userrgr.db (2587602)

For all other users the number in the parenthesis is very low, often zero.
QF always takes several hours until it finishes because of the problem user.
What could be the problem with that user?

Thanks,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Quickfinder index seems not to finish for one user

Are the POA logs in verbose logging? Do you see any errors in the the logs while it is trying to index that user?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

It could be that the index files for that use are somehow corrupt. Perhaps, through the POA web console, delete and regenerate the indexes just for that user.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

I tried to rebuild the QF index but run into the same problem described here

13:57:37 06A3 Indexing on attachment (Desktop 10th lot.csv)
13:57:53 06A3 The database function 87 reported error [F041] on userrgr.db
13:57:53 06A3 Error updating QuickFinder indexes: [F041]

I did a gwcheck with "AttachPurge=Desktop 10th lot.csv" which deleted some items. After that QF exited with the same error [F041] again.
I have a suspicion that the File "Desktop 10th lot.csv" is not the last file which QF tries to index. How would it be possible to get that info on which file QF really exits?

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Chances are that the csv file (which is comma delimited) is over 20 MB? Any chance that you can verify this by taking a look at the mailbox of userrgr?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Further to what I've said above, perhaps set your dva maximum file size to below 20MB so that files larger than that are not converted for indexing.

See here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/bvrx2zt.html

Perhaps try that and please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

I guess I can't find the attachment in the mailbox because gwcheck already deleted it. But I can give it a try...
I added "‑‑dcamaxsize 19456" to the config. Maybe this prevents the F041. I can give feedback on Tuesday. Luckily Monday is a public holiday 😉

Cheers,
Pascal

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Laura,

the only effect is, that QF moves on to the next user after it has indexed 2000 items for the problem user:
Updating QuickFinder index: userrgr.db (2410170)
02:03:51 23CF QuickFinder: 10 items indexed
02:03:52 23CF Indexing on attachment (~hcp.hcp)
02:03:52 23CF QuickFinder: 20 items indexed
02:06:01 23CF QuickFinder: 1990 items indexed
02:06:01 23CF QuickFinder: 2000 items indexed
02:06:04 23CF Updating QuickFinder index: user0ds.db (1015)

Why does it stop after 2000? But IMHO the more interesting question is, how can I find the problem attachment which cause the F041?
Do I have to set the loglevel to diagnostic for the whole QF run? Until now I switched to diagnostic level only for a short time, just enough to start the reduild index, than switched back to verbose.

Thanks
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

In your POA startup file, if your QFLevel is set to 3 then only the first 2000 items are indexed. If set to 999 then the index process will run until all items are indexed. Perhaps check your qflevel?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
bendeichp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

the qflevel is already set to 999 in the poa file. I'm wondering what the problem could be. Maybe it is time for an SR!?

Thanks,
Pascal

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Pascal,

Perhaps search for duplicate qflevel settings in your startup file. If all looks good there then open an SR.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.