Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quickview read timer?

Is there a setting (probably a registry hack) that times how long a message is displayed in the quickviewer before it is flagged as "read"? I have a user who jumps around in her inbox to pick messages to work on, and if she moves or deletes a message, the next message in her inbox gets previewed and flagged as Read, but she wants to keep it Unread so she can go back to it later. I may be thinking of an Outlook setting, but I remember there being a time delay option for a previewed message before the status is changed. For now, she is manually changing the status back to Unread.
thanks
Herbert
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Quickview read timer?

Hi Herbert,

hchun;2344569 wrote:
Is there a setting (probably a registry hack) that times how long a message is displayed in the quickviewer before it is flagged as "read"?

Not that I know of (unfortunately). The only other option I know of is to enable message preview and disable the quickviewer (within the display properties of the folder).

It is a good enhancement request though, if you would like to enter it you can do so here: http://www.novell.com/rms

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Quickview read timer?

thanks. I'll put in the enhancement request.
Herbert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.