Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Random GWDVA error on Client Workstation

I had a few people, including myself, start getting random GWDVA crash screens after upgrading their client to 18.2.1 Build 135777.  The client continues working fine.  I thought the DVA was only installed on the servers where the post offices were located? 

Jeremy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Random GWDVA error on Client Workstation

The client also contains a gwdva.exe which likely works in conjunction with the keyview libraries (as opposed to the Stellent / Oracle viewers which were used in the past), where i'd suspect the issue to be in. I'd tend to open a SR on this as it's likely something which has to be debugged down to the specific content it crashes on. Maybe it's even been fixed in a daily build which you'll likely get asked to try first

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

An additional piece you have to think of is "Caching mode" because of its local index. And maybe a local GroupWise archive too.

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@jesullivan Hi Jeremy,

Is the client running in Caching Mode?

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.