Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
9555269 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Receive only post office...

once upon a time, I knew of a way to globally neuter a Post Office so users could receive, but not send email. this serves as a "notify only" post office for users that need to get messages, but not send them; it also provided a low disk requirement distribution system for non-admin types...

I recall that one of the actions was to delete some or part of OFVIEWS from the PO folder structure.

I've searched high and low but I can't find the article that described this anywhere. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
forresn1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Receive only post office...

9555269;1977592 wrote:
once upon a time, I knew of a way to globally neuter a Post Office so users could receive, but not send email. this serves as a "notify only" post office for users that need to get messages, but not send them; it also provided a low disk requirement distribution system for non-admin types...

I recall that one of the actions was to delete some or part of OFVIEWS from the PO folder structure.

I've searched high and low but I can't find the article that described this anywhere. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

Think it involved locking the client to send only via HTML and limiting the block size of messages sent to a certain amount. From what I can recall anyway. I haven't done this myself.
0 Likes
9555269 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Receive only post office...

I finally came up with this TID "http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10026220&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=54032821&stateId=1"

Here's an excerpt...

[INDENT]If the user is logging in via a Client server connection, then you can use the following solution: (this also works for Direct mode as well)
1. The first step is to create the GroupWise account in a postoffice of its own. This may require creating a new Postoffice as well.
2. In the Postoffice directory under the OFVIEWS directory, rename the following files:
USML_*.VEW These are the mail view files.
USAP_*.VEW These are the appointment view files.
USTK_*.VEW These are the task view files.
With these files renamed, or missing the user will not be able to send mail. They will be able to delete mail however.
[/INDENT]

Having tried to implement this apparently simple trick, I haven't been able to successfully prevent sending mail by deleting these views.

Any thoughts?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.