amginenigma1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recover Deleted Account

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right forum, hopefully it is. I have a user account which was deleted, looking at the documentation for GroupWise 2014 following the Recover Deleted Account steps I am unable to recover *any* accounts; wonder if I'm just doing something wrong. Basic steps from this page are being followed:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_db_restore_account.html

Steps 1, 2 and 3 complete normally, step four however.

When I place a check in the box next to the user to recover and select OK I never see the 'Recover' button illuminate, nor does the account appear in the page similar to the illustration from the above link, it's as if I never selected a user; and it is not just one user I've picked half a dozen users at random, none of them appear to be able to be recovered. I have backups (30 days of nightly incremental and a full backup) of the wpdomain.db file and I've picked not only last night, but the last full backup and a random backup from within that month all with the same result.

We are on GroupWise 2014 SP1, any ideas?

Thanks!

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Recover Deleted Account

Hi,

Please tell us a little about your system - the wpdoman.db that you are recovering the user from, is it a "primary" or "secondary" domain? Have you applied any FTF's to your GroupWise system after SP1?

Let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
amginenigma1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The wpdomain.db file is from the primary domain (it's a single domain system, bad form I know I inherited this system and am working on fixing that glaring issue). I have not yet applied any FTF's.

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I've tested the recovery of a deleted account with both a straight GroupWise account and then an eDirectory linked account and on both occasions it worked just fine. I too am running GroupWise 2014 SP1. So basically I am unable to duplicate your issue.

Unless somebody comes along with a bright-spark idea soon, I suggest that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support to get your deleted account recovered - I don't know how time sensitive the situation is for you?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <amginenigma.6tajhh@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Amginenigma
wrote:
> I have backups (30 days of nightly incremental and a full
> backup) of the wpdomain.db file

How was the file backed up?
What platform is this on?
Is there another user with the same ID? I.e. Was there an attempt to
directly recreate the account before the restore attempt?

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andy Konecny wrote on 03/13/2015 04:08 AM:
> What platform is this on?

I was wondering if it might be a rights/file ownership issue on Linux.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.