Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recover User account not working

I tried to recover a deleted account today, but not working according to docs. I restored a copy of primary domain from before deletion and placed it on server. Went into admin page and went to recover account. It lets me browse to db file and then I can go out and select the account, but once I select it, it does nothing. Never comes back and shows the account to be restored. I tried 3 different browsers and restored a earlier version of the db file, and got same results. Not sure if this is related to this setup or possible bug in admin page. Has anyone run into this issue in 2014? This is GroupWise 2014sp1hp1 on SuSE11sp3.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Recover User account not working

Hi,

Perhaps this TID is of some assistance: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016476

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the tid. I am not quite sure though that it is related to my issue. Basically what it is doing for me is when I got into recover deleted account, it allows me to browse out to restore copy of wpdomain.db file. Once I do that, I choose to select the user which it allows me to do so as well, but after choosing user, it does nothing. It should come up and show the account and poa it resides on,etc, but it does nothing but take me back to original screen to choose path. The builds they reference in that tid are older than what I am running as well on this system, so hopefully the fix for that tid related issue was fixed in this revision. I did restart the poa but it still didn't matter.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The exact same thing that you are experiencing was reported in this forum in the past, I just can't find the thread right now. Unfortunately the poster never came back to us to let us know how they solved the problem. I would suggest that if you are in a position to do so, open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support. Unless somebody comes across here with better ideas 😉

Please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I opened on yesterday afternoon, but haven't gotten any feedback yet. We tried it a couple of different way, but no luck. Different browser, copied local to server, local to workstation, no difference. Domain validates fine as well as secondary domain. It acts to me like some type of bug, but not sure. Hopefully I will hear something back from Novell on the first of the week. Wish the other post had a resolution to it. I will post back to this one once I find something out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please do post back the resolution so that we can all learn.

I am unable to duplicate the issue in my test system - I can recover any account, any which way I try!

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Here's a potential work around, creating a new user with the FID of the deleted user: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014868

This, of course, assumes that you know the FID of the deleted user?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I actually have to FID for the user so this might work. Never done it this way before using curl, I assume you would run this from primary domain server? It doesn't state it in the TID.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

As far as I am aware, and stand to be corrected, the domain is the one owning the post office that you are creating the user on. That would make the most sense to me!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I decided to wait since this is my test case and see what Novell backline get to me this week. I will post back with what they saw or final solution. Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.