kbent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Renaming an Archive file to a new user

I ran into a problem with my original user where the system had created 1000's of duplicate folders. Could not find a utility to deldupfolders like we used to be able to do.

I archived all my mail and then deleted the user account. Created a new account and made a copy of my archive folder. Am now trying to use GWAFE510.exe to modify the archive to the new FID but come up with a single error during the process, the system tells me it found no files.

I am using GW8.02 with a version 8 client, if I rename the copy of the archive folder to the new FID (used to be able to do that in GW4.1) and then try to archive a message to the store, the system tells me it "needs to convert an older version of the database to Groupwise 6 " and then comes back with "Database store number is invalid"

Is there something I am missing in the process?

Thanks,

Rob
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Renaming an Archive file to a new user

To kbent

>Could not find a utility to deldupfolders
>like we used to be able to do.

Deldupfolders is just one of the Misc switches in GWCheck ?

As for the gwafe errors, there's a couple of TIDs, 3998453 and 7007541
that may help you out

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.