Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reset Client Options for Post Office

There was a tid for gw2014 that talked about how to reset the default client options for an entire post office.

Well I needed to use it today, but can not find it.

Any documentation I look for gives me link not found errors, for any 2014sp2 documentation.

R2 is not LIVE yet, only as evaluation, can we get the documentation reinstated for 2014sp2?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reset Client Options for Post Office

worm5406 sounds like they 'said':

>
> There was a tid for gw2014 that talked about how to reset the default
> client options for an entire post office.
>
> Well I needed to use it today, but can not find it.

So my response to worm5406's comment is...

Are you looking for this?

In the post office settings, junder client options, the button Restore
Default settings?

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

edit: *under*

--
Stevo
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

GroupWise 2014 R2 shipped at the end of last year and is very much LIVE. Yes, only the evaluation copy is available for public download. Login to your Novell Customer Centre where you see all your entitled/purchased software and you should be able to download it from there.

As for the documentation.... if you scroll the whole way down the R2 documentation page you will see, at the very end, a link to the zip file containing the 2014 documentation.

In the interim I will try find the TID that you have referred to 😉

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I already d/l the zip file. But there was a tid that talked about it. The search even points to a link on Novell that has been removed... Why, I wonder.

I thought it had been release... but everything I saw was still EVAL. Let me look harder and in my NCC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you run the standalone GWCheck from a Windows machine in the Object Type section (bottom, left-hand side of the screen) select the User/Resource radio button. Then in the field type ALL. Then select what it is you want to do. Please note that I have not personally tested this. If you want to wait I will test this in my lab on Monday and report back, but please let me know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I have probably found a better way of accomplishing this....

In the Admin Console | Post Offices | Select Post Office | Users tab on left-hand side | place a tick at the very top of the User List thus selecting all users | Maintenance | Library/Mailbox Maintenance | Observe that all users are listed in the "User/Resource On This Post Office" entry box | Select Reset Client Options | submit the job.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I went and tried this for an entire post office. It only pulls in the first 8-10 users on the list and does not process the rest.

From the looks of it, it truncated the rest of the list, the last person was a partial name.

I think Danita or someone had posted a note/link about reset client options, and how it was not in the tool-set anymore, and there was a way to still accomplish this.

I am looking at resetting some of our end users settings, that are more acceptable from when they were set years ago, and also set NEW options across the board for all users.

So, Laura, the work around would work for a small subset of users, not an entire post office.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Thanks for this information. I'll see if I can find any further information on this for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Take a look at my suggestion here: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/496153-Reset-Client-Options-for-Post-Office?p=2416155#post2416155

I've just tested this in my lab (50 users) and it appears to have reset all client options. Perhaps give that a try?

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK Thank you I will try this here today.

I have multiple PO's at different sites.

I wonder if I could use wildcard based selection. <<Nope just tried>>

What about the text console gwadminutil to rest them. Hummm..... Just a thought.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I forgot to post earlier, I updated to 2014R2 on Monday (Jan 11) night on ALL our PO/Domains.

Still can not run it, and list mode selects, but truncates as stated, the listing, if you select ALL users from the check box.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.