Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
PatPer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Resources to external services duplicate name

Correct, we are using a NOWS licensing model based on computers, not users. I just doubled checked that and it is.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Am 26.10.2015 um 14:46 schrieb PatPer:
>
> Correct, we are using a NOWS licensing model based on computers, not
> users. I just doubled checked that and it is.

In that case you have no issue. You can create Groupwise Mailboxes
(Users) until you run out of characters for new names.

https://www.novell.com/docrep/2014/02/groupwise_2014_licensing_faq.pdf

Page 3

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Patrik

Let me do some testing in the morning and see what I can find for you to, hopefully, overcome this problem.

'till then... cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Patrik,

I have a tried many different approaches to overcome the issue that you are seeing and am unable to find a solution for you 😞

I have taken the liberty to create an enhancement request on your behalf. You can vote for it here: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/1302

Note: you will have to create a separate MicoFocus "Ideas" account in order to vote or create your own enhancement requests - your forum credentials won't work.

I am so sorry about not having a more immediate solution to your challenge.

If your mailbox license count is not an issue for you, the only work around that I can think of is to have a standard GroupWise mailbox with the necessary people granted proxy rights to it. Then you can define First & Last name. Not ideal, but a work around - again, assuming that the extra mailbox license won't be an issue for you!

Apologies again for misunderstanding your original question involving the usage of a Resource.

Please feel free to come back to forums with any other questions that you may have 😉

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
PatPer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much for your help Laura and for submitting the suggestion!

We will probably go ahead with our initial workaround with a new account that operates as the shared e-mail/role over time since we cannot count on the suggestion/idea to come through, and if so it could be a long time 🙂

Kind regards
Patrik
0 Likes
PatPer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for clarifying Massimo!

We'll try to not run out of characters to soon 😉

Kind regards
Patrik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.