Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Restore GroupWise Calendar to an earlier date

Is there anyway I can restore a user's Calendar to an earlier date?

Here is what happened, the employee was trying to merge a calendar into his iPhone. It wasn't working with his iPhone calendar so he decided to give the GroupWise calendar a try. It merged but it went horribly wrong and created 10-15 appointments everyday for the next ?? years (some are legit and some are just characters for the subject). What I'm trying to do is find a way to restore his calendar to the day before he did this merge but I cannot seem to find a way to do this.

Anybody have a suggestion for me? Is this even possible?

Thank You
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Restore GroupWise Calendar to an earlier date

Hi,

Do you have a full backup of the domain database (wpdomain.db) and the entire post office for the day you wish to restore back to?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, We do full backups nightly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Glad to hear it.

Archive all the person's e-mail. Ensure that you are able to un-archive e-mail successfully. Ensure that you have a backup of the archive.

I'm assuming not too much time has elapsed since this mishap occurred!

WARNING !!!!!! What I am about to suggest will mean that all changes to things like the Frequent Contacts, Personal Address books, categories, etc will be lost! Perhaps export the Frequent Contacts and Personal Address books and store them safely.

WARNING!!!! the user database contains all the pointers to e-mail. By rolling back this database without archiving the e-mail first will result in the loss of data!!!!!!

Ensure that the person has logged out of GroupWise and exited out of Notify.

Recover the userxxx.db file from the backup in question - recover to a different folder, not the live system. Shut down the Post Office on the server, rename the existing userxxx.db to userxxx.db.old. Copy the recovered db file into the live system and start the Post Office Agent. The calendar is stored in the userxxx.db file. The user database will now be "reset" to the state it was in when the backup occurred. Run a GWCheck on the user database in question doing a "content check" with the Fix option flagged.

Log the user back into GroupWise and their calendar should be reset to the state it was in prior to the mishap.

You will then need to un-archive the mail.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.