bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Restore Mailbox from OLD PO to NEW PO

This seems kinda ugly. I consolidated mailboxes from one PO to another by moving user/resources. It would seem that one mailbox failed to move properly, and I have since removed the source PO. I copied the USERXXX.db from the old PO to the new PO, and at least got the mailbox back, but no message bodies - which tells me because I need to get the content from the MSGXXX.dbs from the old PO. So, since I have the entire old PO structure accessible, how would I go about copying/restoring the mailbox from the OLD PO to the NEW PO?
😕

(Groupwise 8.0.2 - Netware)
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Restore Mailbox from OLD PO to NEW PO

The mailbox in question is a resource (not a user)
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here are the results from the gwcheck run against the resource on the new PO. How do I recover from this?! I have not been successful getting access to the resource mailbox from the old PO.:

***** OVERALL STATS FOR THIS RUN *****
Uncorrectable conditions encountered:
- No problems found
Correctable conditions encountered:
CODE DESCRIPTION COUNT
---- -------------------------------------------------- -----
37 Item records with missing message database recs.... 1902
40 Invalid MSG records found.......................... 271
47 Subscribe records pointing to invalid user......... 2
82 Inaccessible attachment files...................... 1
84 Missing Verification Records....................... 1
0 Likes
bkeadle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think I dodged a bullet!

I copied the wphost.db and ngwguard.db from a backup prior to the user/resource move on the old server, and brought up the PO on the old server. I then logged in with the GW client and connected to the old PO using cli options:
C:\Novell\GroupWise\grpwise.exe /@U-gwresourceowner-ccpo1 /ipa-172.16.0.26 /ipp:1678

I then was able to proxy into the resource and see all the mail. I set the archive path to a network location and I then archived all the email.

I then logged into the new PO as the resource, pointing the archive path to where I archived everything, and then unarchived all the items, effectively transferring all the emails from the old PO into the new PO.

Yay!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.