Highlighted
New Member.

Restore mail.

GroupWise 8.02sp3? (I know!)

I have a restore area setup, and accessible. To my client at least. The POA and restore area are on separate Windows boxes. Will this even work? I have the POA pointed at the restore area, but being windows not sure if the authentication will work. I login to the client, and open backup. I get 8201 error, and a dialog box pointing to the share. I click it, it churns and I see the email I would like to restore, but it gives 8201 when I attempt to. Is my only option to move the restore area local to the POA? This presents a number of challenges. Any thoughts?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Restore mail.

Hi,

First thought is to check your folder naming conventions - do they conform to 8.3 naming?

Second thought - double-check user rights to the restore area - they need full rights to the Windows share.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Restore mail.

tbundy427;2347590 wrote:
GroupWise 8.02sp3? (I know!)

I have a restore area setup, and accessible. To my client at least. The POA and restore area are on separate Windows boxes. Will this even work? I have the POA pointed at the restore area, but being windows not sure if the authentication will work. I login to the client, and open backup. I get 8201 error, and a dialog box pointing to the share. I click it, it churns and I see the email I would like to restore, but it gives 8201 when I attempt to. Is my only option to move the restore area local to the POA? This presents a number of challenges. Any thoughts?

I haven't dealt with a restore area an two separate Windows server before. Basic rule is that (next to the users having access) the POA should be able to access the Restore Area directly (in this case using the UNC path supplied).

So my first thought is; the account that's used to run the GroupWise POA service, does it have full rights to access the given UNC path root and it's subfolders?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.