Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Retention, backup and local archive

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've noticed a behaviour when using retain, reload and local archive feature of GroupWise. I don't know if this is working as designed or not. (Probably yes.) Do you have more information about the following?
There is a GroupWise system, with retain and reload. The retention and the "Do not purge items until they are backed up" features are turned on.
There are two old emails, emailA and emailB, which have been archived to Retain and backed up to Reload, so I should be able to delete them any time.
I archive emailA to the local machine. Then I un-archive emailA and delete it to the local Trash folder.
I delete emailB to the local Trash folder. (I do not archive, un-archive.)
So both emails are in the Trash. I empty both emailA and emailB.
EmailB disappears, but emailA stays in the Trash folder as if it is not ready to be deleted.
I assume GroupWise sees this email as a new one and prevents the deletion. How can I identify these emails? How does GroupWise identify this email as not deletable. I guess via timestamps, but how?
I remember that restored email are somehow protected for few days from the clean-up processes. Could this be related?

Thanks,
Gellert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The "unarchived" Mail to groupwise is new. Your retention settings kick in, so you can't delete it until it is (again) in Retain.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The "unarchived" Mail to groupwise is new. Your retention settings kick in, so you can't delete it until it is (again) in Retain.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Massimo,

thank you for the confirmation!

Gellert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.