Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Revert GW Authentication From Ldap To Mailbox Passwords?

GroupWise Setup provides two primary methods for User Authentication. GroupWise Mailbox Passwords or via Ldap. I'm trying to find documentation or procedures on how to revert back from Ldap Authentication to the default Mailbox Password.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Revert GW Authentication From Ldap To Mailbox Passwords?

Disregard, I found it under Post Office and then Security.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dkerbaugh wrote:

GroupWise Setup provides two primary methods for User Authentication. GroupWise Mailbox Passwords or via Ldap. I'm trying to find documentation or procedures on how to revert back from Ldap Authentication to the default Mailbox Password.

Hi,

GroupWise remembers any GroupWise password that was set on an account prior to LDAP authentication being used.  If memory serves me correctly, any account created after LDAP authentication was put in place won't have a GroupWise password set, but I'm not sure if that's really the case if you set a "default password" in your system settings prior to the LDAP associated accounts created. 

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for that information Laura and that does make sense.

My production 18.0.2 system is currently using GroupWise Mailbox passwords for authentication, but my test server is setup to use Ldap Authentication, (another test in process).

I need to roll back my test server to Mailbox Passwords for upgrade testing from 18.02 to 18.1

I believe it is related to how our Domain/Post Office/Agents are configured for SSL communication, but after a Transfer ID migration and upgrade to 18.1, Mailbox Authentication via Ldap fails.

I'm assuming that I'm missing the correct SSL Certs, configs, ect due to the Transfer ID process,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@dkerbaugh 

Hi... To eliminate SSL certs, etc.  The first line of testing is change your LDAP configuration to non-SSL and ensure you are using the eDir admin user credentials.  This rules out rights issues and certificate issues.  If that doesn't work that's when you start your troubleshooting.  Only when it's working in non-SSL do you start to add the other elements into the mix.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Agreed Thank You.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.